Here are some useful tips for print interviews.
- Print interviews comprise of newspapers, magazines, and online news resources such as blogs.
- Are typically done over the telephone or via email.
- Unlike live radio interviews, if the interviewer stumbles or remembers something they want to add to the interview, they can go back to the answer.
- Always make sure you have a clear phone line.
- If you can’t hear a question ask them to repeat it.
- In print and online interviews, the more that you provide the better as your answers will be edited. So the more information that you provide, the greater the chance you make it into the story.
- Some print and online stories will be available the next day, some are for future stories that may not appear for several weeks or months.
- Never ask the reporter or blogger to read back your answers to you.
- Never demand to see the story beforehand.
- Always record the interview.